Tuesday, December 23, 2008

E-mails to brothers

Actually, it is just part of an email to my brother(bwotho). But I could not resist posting it here as it is a brilliant and entirely true paragraph. A bit of a heads up on the subject, a shower can be the best or worst part of the day, you tell me what you want it to be.

here we go:
". . im all moved into my room now and its a bit strange but super awesome to have a casa in san pedro by the lake with roommates and all. its so cool. and the best part is that the shower is one of the best in all of guatemala that i have ever had. the showers here are normally beyond sorry. IF they are hot, you the pressure can be really, really iffy, if not just a drizzle. thats IF they are warm or hot. oh and by the way, the way they get the water hot here is through a electrically plugged in shower head that has heating elements in the head that are heated using electricity. what that means is if there is a metal faucet handle, and you turn it whilst standing in the water, you can feel a slight and mildly painful shock. nuts. as far as i can currently, no shock, but that can always change. i mean i practically saw baby jesus when i felt the temperature and pressure of the water.. one of the best ive had here. its meant to be for me to live in this house."

If that description doesn´t do these Guatemalan showers justice, nothing ever will. God bless this place.

Other than Guatemalan showering ecstacy, I´m about to travel with my mother for the next ten days. I´m currently in Antigua again, awaiting her arrival later tonight to the capital city, Guatemala City. I am dying to post about San Pedro, my new hometown, however I could write for a week and still not cover everything. So if you stay tuned, you will be the winner of many posts, free for you, each descrbing in detail various subjects about crazy and awesome San Pedro La Laguna en Guatemala. You won´t want miss this stuff..

1 comment:

Big Daddio said...

Hmmmmm, let's see, guatemalan shower or mauritanian bucket bath? Gosh, I just can't make up my mind!Either way, it's a great story.
Merry Christmas kid! I love and miss you!